Time for a beta version

Home Forums Community Time for a beta version

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Leslie 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mr Leslie
    Participant

http://news.softpedia.com/news/korora-23-is-now-in-beta-based-on-fedora-23-linux-and-dubbed-coral-495875.shtml

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Vince. Reason: moved to Community forum

Vince
    Keymaster

Keep your hair on Lesley, it’s not a race. 🙂

Thanks to the appearance of the akmods packages on the RPMFusion testing repo today an initial Chapeau 23 image can and has already been built for testing.

All the best,

Vin

Mr Leslie
    Participant

Hi Vince.

To draw an analogy, in the business world, the first one to market gets the sales and establishes the standards. In the Remix world, likewise.

Since September I have been testing F23, and the associated tweaks. There are a few problems, with both.

One tweak, the “Launch new Instance” does not do so from the dash, But it works from “application menu”. There are other findings with Nautilus that are reported worse. Nautilus went from requiring 2 mouse clicks for a few activities to 5. Great improvement for generating carpal tunnel pain.

I started to set up your beta, but was interrupted by priorities. I have installed Korora beta on a spare drive. It is quite clean. I still prefer your VP special and I would like to beta test it very soon.

Mr Leslie
    Participant

Congratulations on producing this rich Beta Remix to extend Fedora 23 workstation. Rich is an understatement.

Thank You

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.