New here

Home Forums General New here

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vince 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Darknet Matrix
    Participant

Hi everybody, i am a linux-user for about 11 years know. I’ve used debian and arch in the past and know i use Korora 25.
    I have found Chapeau upon the internet and i want to give it a try, but i see that chapeau is still on version 24?
    Any news about a new version?

Vince
    Keymaster

Hi DM,

Thanks for your query, as I’ve just posted in another thread, there has been some understandable concerns from a few members of the community that there has not been a Chapeau release based on Fedora 25. The reasons for this has been attributed to dev resource (ie. my time) and technical issues (a number of offline problems but mainly the livecdcreator tools that the project has relied on for builds are broken in the f25 cycle, the livecdcreator issues seems to have been addressed in the rawhide repos).

Whilst some of the technical issues delaying Chapeau 25 have been addressed the next Chapeau release is likely to be based on f26 considering the timing.

This does not stop any Chapeau users updating their Chapeau 24 systems to Chapeau 25 using dnf if they want as the Chapeau 25 repo was made avaiable before the release of f25 but users can just as easily skip 25.

Vin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.