Intel Graphics Update

Home Forums Issues & support Intel Graphics Update

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ricardo Consolo 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ricardo Consolo
    Participant

Hi!

Since Chapeau Linux is based on Fedora, I believe all packages written for Fedora should work on Chapeau.

The setup check of Intel Graphics Update does not recognize Chapeau as a supported distribution as listed bellow:

Checking if Intel graphics card available…
    • checking for i915 module in /sys/module
    • i915 module found
    Checking if Intel graphics card available… OK
    Retrieving information from 01.org…
    • fetching https://download.01.org/gfx/ilg-config.cfg
    • saving to /home/ricardo/.ilg-config
    • fetched 1626 bytes
    • fetched 9818 bytes
    • fetched 11074 bytes
    • looking up [Chapeau Cancellara] configuration
    Retrieving information from 01.org… OK
    Checking distribution… Failed

Some workarounds suggest to change the distro name but I find it not a good thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks and keep up the good job on Chapeau!

Vince
    Keymaster

Hi Ricardo,

Yes Chapeau is basically a rebranded Fedora so Fedora packages will work on Chapeau. However what you have posted does not seem to be output from a package installation. What are you actually running here?

Vin

Ricardo Consolo
    Participant

Vince
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is a issue with the tool.
    Chapeau 24 (and Fedora 24) already has the Mesa Intel graphics driver 2.99.917 which is the same version that is shown as the latest download on the Intel website so I don’t see the need to install that.

That said if you look at the config file the tool is fetching at https://download.01.org/gfx/ilg-config.cfg, all the tool is referencing from the file is a URL to the rpm package that configures the Intel driver repo. Therefore instead of using the tool one could run in a terminal…

This would setup the Intel driver repository for Fedora 24 by installing the rpm referenced in Intel’s config file and then do a dnf update to pull in any newer versions of the driver packages.

HTH

Ricardo Consolo
    Participant

Right. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.