Hello from the Florida Panhandle.

Home Forums General Hello from the Florida Panhandle.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vince 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alternhvymetlrockr
    Participant

Jon here just wanting to say Hi and that I am so far impressed with Chapeau.

Vince
    Keymaster

Hey Jon,

Welcome to Chapeau!
    Florida hey, the home to many of my favorite metal bands. \m/

VickStyle
    Participant

Hey! I’m in Florida too!! I am from Indiana though I suppose, only because I was in fact born there. I am currently in what “They” call “Greater Orlando”. I am new here and was wondering if anyone could help with an issue…. Electrum Bitcoin Wallet. I successfully upgraded python pip from 8.(something) to 9.(something); I successfully installed Electrum and it shows in the quick search, software, and all applications pages, but it will NOT LAUNCH!! Super Frustrating… What Am I Doing Wrong?!? Thank’s!!!

alternhvymetlrockr
    Participant

Please to meet you. Sorry it took so long to get back. I cannot help you since I do not use Bitcoin. Sorry. But still am your friend is you like. 🙂

VickStyle
    Participant

Hi! Its ok, no-worries!! I gave up on electrum… And set aside my ideas of using bitcoins for a time as well. I have a great deal of other stuff going on in my life, so its just one task at a time.. got to prioritize lol. Thanks for saying hey. Your cool by me so of course ill be your friend! I TOO AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH CHAPEAU! It is the first distro i have experienced and having never used another linux sytem i think its GREAT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE CREATOR!

alternhvymetlrockr
    Participant

Cool then friend. Good luck with Chapeau and have a great weekend. 🙂

Vince
    Keymaster

Hi Vick,

You problem is an odd one because I have just installed Electrum using the recommended method of using Python Pip and it just worked.
    Firstly I checked that python-qt4 & python-pip where installed (they were already installed);
    sudo dnf install python-qt4 python-pip

Then I did the ‘pip install’;
    sudo pip install https://download.electrum.org/2.7.12/Electrum-2.7.12.tar.gz

Then I could launch Electrum.
    Electrum install wizard

Did you try to run Electrum from a terminal by executing the ‘electrum‘ command? It might give you a better clue as to what’s going wrong.

Vin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.