Did I dream or did I read it right, NVIDIA news

Home Forums Community Did I dream or did I read it right, NVIDIA news

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vince 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mr Leslie
    Participant

I recently read that NVIDIA joined the Linux Foundation. That is a good good omen, only if it is confirmed.

The handwriting is on the wall, W10 has true Linux competition. NVIDIA, Steam, and surely a bunch of many other apps are migrating to Linux.

Now, its time for many more business apps to be available for the SMB (small to medium sized Businesses).Common developers, lets go.

When businesses adopt Linux, so will their employees, and Chapeau is tied with SUSE in offering and for support as a Fedora Remix.

Vince
    Keymaster

Hi,

They are indeed a silver member, meaning they’ve donated between $5000 & $20000 to the Linux Foundation which grants them certain participatory privileges in the foundation as well as access to some of the foundation’s developer resources.
    The member list is at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/members.

It is understandable why Nvidia would make a contribution to the foundation as they use Linux in-house, they sell Linux-based products such as the Nvidia Shield and they’ve done a pretty good job on their GeForce driver development on the Linux & BSD kernels over the years. I don’t think it’ll mean a sudden change anywhere though there are many large companies who are members of the foundation all of which contribute to and benefit from Linux.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.