chapeau 21

Home Forums Community chapeau 21

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vince 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mr Leslie
    Participant

Ive been using this remix now on three different computers, and have been very pleased with performance and packaging. Thank you Vince

lycan
    Participant

hey everyone just installed chapeau 21 as well on my Lenovo R61 – c2d 2.2ghz/2gb and it detected my WiFi out of the box 🙂 something I’ve been missing in the last few Ubuntu versions and even Linux Mint which is my fav.
    But now enjoying chapeau and its quite fast 🙂
    i hang out on irc, do you guys?

Mr Leslie
    Participant

Yes, it is a great distribution. In about a month, we should have another new version, corresponding to Fedora22, Even with a Chapeau 22, I will wait a month before making the big upgrade. I trust Chapeau, but I don’t fully trust brand new Fedora versions.

Mind you, testing of Fedora22 has not revealed any distribution flaws to me.

lycan
    Participant

hey how come Distrowatch hasn’t approved the distro into their list?
    Such an amazing piece of work

Vince
    Keymaster

Thanks all,

Chapeau has been on Distrowatch’s waiting list since Jan 2014 and they are informed when a new major release is out. Chapeau has been covered twice on Distrowatch Weekly (issues 605 & 607) which is written by Jessie Smith, however I believe the founder Ladislav Bodnar decides when a distro gets its own page on DW and rather than paying a fairly significant sum for an advertising deal that can speed things up, I’d prefer Chapeau get there on its own merits.

If you feel Chapeau should be on DW please do let them know at distro@distrowatch.com and like/follow the project Facebook and Google+.

Thanks again and enjoy using Chapeau.

Mr Leslie
    Participant

Vince

Have a question for you. Softpedia http://news.softpedia.com/news/Chapeau-22RC-Is-Fedora-22-on-Steroids-Screenshot-Tour-482555.shtml

wrote up Chapeau, and one thing I noticed was their logo at the top left corner of the screens.

I am not sure if that was photo-shopped in, or a new Chapeau facility. What say you?

Chapeau 22RC is enjoyable. Just what Fedora needed to make Fedora a most useful distribution.

Vince
    Keymaster

Hi Les,
    The Softpedia logos on their screenshots are just watermarks to prevent other sites hot-linking to their pictures. They will have created those themselves, I’m in the process of putting together a new screenshot gallery for Chapeau 22 in readyness for the stable release.

V

Mr Leslie
    Participant

Vince
    Can you include chromium? (For 21 I got mine from yandex The Russian version was in russian, but pointing to an English website provided everything in English.

When I run dnf it wants to downgrade rpmfusion stuff. Is rpmfusion nonfree available?

Vince
    Keymaster

Hi Les,

The RPMFusion free & nonfree repos are enabled in the Chapeau 22 RC build. You can see which repos are enabled by running;
    dnf repolist enabled

Chromium would be too much of a timesink, there’s no Chromium repo for fc22 yet, RPMFusion will not support it and I don’t want to take on building it and keeping it up to date in Chapeau’s repo.
    Currently we’re now down to just two repos used by Chapeau that trail behind the Fedora release cycle, only one of those provide packages that if not available can delay a Chapeau release.
    The Google Chrome repo, Dropbox repo, Livna repo & the Garmin Plugin were in earlier Chapeau releases but were dropped for this reason (Livna also because of availability issues) so I don’t want to add any others that can cause problems with the Chapeau release cycle.

If you still want to try installing Chromium you’re best using the Chromium repo at fedorapeople.org but it has not yet been updated for fc22, you can try pulling it from the fc21 repo but this is likely to cause dependency issues.
    Example;

I’d recommend quitting the install if the package is requiring old versions of libraries and such as this will likely break something else.

hth

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.