Bluetooth not working

Home Forums Issues & support Bluetooth not working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Welch 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Przemek Skweres
    Participant

Hi, Chapeau 24 is great distro, everything works like a charm but one thing not. I paired my Android phone with my laptop but cannot save or recive any file by bluetooth. I can only play music from my smartphone in my laptop.
    Anyon can help me with that ?

Regards Przemek

Vince
    Keymaster

Hi Przemek,

How did you attempt to transfer the file? Did you use the Bluetooth panel as described here.

Vin

Przemek Skweres
    Participant

Yes I did the same, phone and laptop are connected but nothing happen when I try to send file from computer and have info about failed transsmission when I try to send file from mobile.

Regards

Steve Welch
    Participant

I know this thread is old but as a new user, I had the same problem. To get bluetooth working open the terminal and do this.

systemctl –user start obex
    sudo systemctl –global enable obex

After that you’ll be able to send files both ways.

I take no credit – found it on another site and it worked like a charm.

I suggest that this come enabled with future versions of Chapeau as this is another weakness of Linux distros. Bluetooth should work out of the box without the user having to troubleshoot and fix it first.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Steve Welch. Reason: typo correction
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.