Adobe Flash Plugin Update Fails BUT… A Workaround Exists!

Home Forums Issues & support Adobe Flash Plugin Update Fails BUT… A Workaround Exists!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DougTheGuitarGuy . 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DougTheGuitarGuy .
    Participant

I wanted to watch Football live streamed from TWC cable, and it kept stopping at upgrading Adobe Flash Plugin for FF. Adobe isn’t going to upgrade their Flash plugin for linux any further than the 11.2.202.644 that is currently installed and the update fails with a conflict with the installed repositories. So..

The effective workaround for this involves installing Firefox in Play On Linux, and then installing the 32bit version of Adobe Flash for Windows 10. Updating it from within FF fails so you must download the install_flash_player.exe and run it in Play On Linux as a separate install.

Following this, you should be able to stream live TWC content from the FF browser installed in Play On Linux.

DougTheGuitarGuy .
    Participant

With the latest update, Flash plugin is now v24.0 r0 and so far I can get to the TWC live stream but only get a black screen. I will work on it and see if I can fix it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.